Friday, September 26, 2008

The Great Outdoors!


Ethan had one episode of vomiting yesterday, but we have now been vomit free for the last 21 hours which is by far the longest stretch in the last 7 days. I spoke with the pediatrician again this morning and looks as if this is a virus that lasts 7-10 days, so if he has any more episodes on Monday or we take a turn for the worst again we are to bring him in.

There have been a few days since we bought the house that I think we were totally crazy to purchase a house on 1.5 acres of land. ..the constant maintenance weeding, mowing, raking, etc. etc. Then there is a day like today and I thank God we are here and for all that he has brought to my life! Ethan and I spent our morning OUTSIDE! It has been so long since we've been able to do that a-because the month of August was miserable here and pregnant mommy couldn't stand the heat and humidity and b-because Ethan has been so sick for the last 7 days. It is 77 degrees and no humidity, not a cloud in the gorgeous blue sky. We spent a little over an hour picking up sticks that had fallen during Tropical Storm Fay a month ago. It is amazing to me to think last year at this time he was a speed crawler and this year he is helping me in the yard! You really wouldn't believe how much he understands and truly does "help". He was so sweet and innocent walking around the yard with his blue pail picking up sticks, leaves, rocks, and dirt and then bringing them over to me and dumping them in the bag. (Sorry, I tried really hard to get a picture, but he wouldn't let me!) Our yard, while don't get me wrong is a lot of work, it is my sanctuary! Our kids have such a great place to play and explore...and learn about responsibility, appreciating the environment, and working together as a family.

We took a little time out this morning as well to play. Ethan all by himself climbed in the tire swing and sat down for the longest time. I wonder what he was thinking?!

Thanks God for a beautiful day! The only thing that would've made it better is if daddy could have been here to appreciate it with us!

P.S. As a side note this was too funny not to share with you....yesterday I gave Ethan two teaspoons of plain vanilla yogurt. He was so excited to see something different come his way (bananas, rice, bread, and applesauce get old after awhile) that he took a huge bite. He then stuck out his tongue and began to wipe it off...then wanted the washcloth on the table to wipe his tongue off. :-)

1 comment:

Faye said...

Hi Ethan -- Grandma Conway sure hopes that you get better real soon... I miss seeing that sparkle in your eyes! Besides, everyone is looking forward to seeing you in Minnesota in just a few days! (I agree with you on the plain yogurt! Yuk!!! What were you parents thinking???) See you soon! Love -- Grandma Conway