Friday, December 19, 2008

What a week it has been...we survived!

We were blessed to have a few days with my Mom. Ethan and I drove to Jacksonville last Thursday, December 11th to pick her up. The following day we took Grandma to "stay and play", a gymnastics center in town opens up the gym on Friday mornings for toddlers to run and play in foam pits, ball pits, jump on trampolines, etc. It is one of E's favorite things in the world to do. Saturday my mom ended up with the stomach flu. Sunday she was feeling better and we started the Christmas cookie baking process. Monday it was more baking and a little shopping at Kohls.

Tuesday (Ethan's birthday) it was back to the Jacksonville airport. We left a little after 7am and dropped Grandma off around 9am. We had major traffic delays on I-10 driving back to Gainesville, which resulted in me getting off the interstate and weaving through Jacksonville streets in attempts to find an alternate way home. Ethan thankfully slept! I had the start of a headache when I got home and thought it was because it had been awhile since I had anything to eat. As the afternoon progressed I felt worse and worse. Jake got home from work at 5pm and I thought maybe if I ate something I would be better. No luck, I ate something and immediately got sick. The next 12 hours were spent vomiting every 1-2 hours. After being that sick and up all night I was too weak and exhausted to even think about lifting Ethan, let alone take care of him. Jake had to call into work so he could watch Ethan. Ugh, the stomach flu twice and a major head cold in three months, never in my life have I been this sick....I am tempted to stay in quarantine until after this baby is born! I am much better now (thank God for my wonderful husband), but missed going out for milkshakes (his favorite) for E's 2nd birthday and barely made it through him opening gifts. :-(

No comments: