We had an interesting Christmas Eve. We woke up and headed down to Madeira Beach to be with Jake's entire family. It was a pretty uneventful drive, took us about three hours with a stop to geocache (of course) and a quick Walmart run. Shortly after we got there however Jake started to show symptoms of the stomach flu and I was battling horrible back pain and a headache (I don't think I was 100% after having the stomach flu a week before). Ethan had a rough Christmas Eve night, which didn't help the situation. Not a good Christmas Eve by any means, I would've given anything to be home...but I am very grateful that I had Jake's family to help me with Ethan and take care of Jake.
We spent Christmas enjoying the beautiful weather on the beach. Jake was much better and able to join us for the day (but still not 100%). Ethan enjoyed time in the pool with Grandma, Auntie Jenny, Uncle Brian, and his cousins.
We left for home after lunch on the 26th. Ethan really enjoyed the beach and it was nice to see everyone, but I was really happy to be home. After a weekend of resting I feel much, much better my back pain is almost entirely gone and I am not as exhausted as I have been.
P.S. The pic of me on the beach was taken Christmas morning at 23 weeks. I have a belly!
No comments:
Post a Comment