Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day Three...Lincoln, IL to Pepin, WI





Well after three beautiful, sunny days of driving we arrived in Pepin, Wisconsin last night around 8:30pm. We did most of our driving today off the interstate through rural Iowa and Wisconsin. I've made this drive many times and I must say if you have the extra time it was sure nice to get off the interstate. In all honesty, I don't think it really added that much extra time to the trip since we stopped many times along the way to geocache and actually sit down to eat instead of grabbing fast food like we normally do because we have always had our beloved dog, Visken, with us. (Visken is at home with our awesome babysitter, Jennifer!) Ethan was a trooper for the entire trip and content with snacks, books, and DVDs! He was happy to announce "vroom, vroom" when a semi or motorcycle went past. His new favorite words are "yes" and "da-ma" (a combination of dad and mom).

The first pic is of the burrs Jake got covered with going after the first geocache of the day (Ethan and I enjoyed playing at the playground instead)! :-) The next pic is of Ethan "rock climbing" in Le Claire, IA (just outside the Quad Cities) where we stopped for lunch. The last two pics are of the sites of rural Iowa and Wisconsin.

It is great to be here...even if it is raining!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what the heck is geocash?