Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 19 and 20...Elvis!

We continued our drive south to Memphis, TN on Day 19...uneventful driving with some geocaching along the way. We woke up the next morning however to it pouring (and I really mean pouring). Our plan was to spend that day going to Graceland and seeing the sights in Memphis. We were able to make it to Graceland, which was really cool and fun to see and then decided that since the weather was bad we would spend the afternoon at the Children's Museum so Ethan would have a place to play. Ethan absolutely loved the Children's Museum, I think it was one of his highlights of the trip. We had to pull him away literally kicking and screaming. It got me dreaming again about starting a Children's Museum in Gainesville. Hmmm, I think I may need to do some serious looking into that when we get home. Unfortunately we didn't get to walk around downtown Memphis, which I think would've been a lot of fun but we had a great day despite all the rain. Of course we forgot the camera at the hotel that morning, but with all the rain it was probably safer for our camera to spend the day in the room.

No comments: