Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day Four...Mmmmm!!



Well we had awful weather for our first full day here...rain and more rain with a high temp in the 60s, which wouldn't have been bad if it didn't rain the entire day. Mmmmm, did we eat good food all day though! Jake went and picked us up coffee and quiche at Great River Roasters here in Pepin, WI for breakfast! We then tried to do a little unpacking, with some help from Ethan. Then off to lunch at our favorite coffee house, Lilys, in Red Wing, MN. Ethan discovered his love of banana bread here (he wasn't so sure about the hot apple cider though). Then we headed to Lake City where we ate Papa Tronnios pizza for dinner, thanks to my mom!! I swear I'm going to gain all my pregnancy weight while on this trip, the baby is eating well! O' Ethan has also discovered his love of cheese curds on this trip (for all you Florida people it is deep fried cheese, yes it sounds gross but it is sooo yummy...just ask Ethan)! I had a great evening socializing and shopping at my friend Megan's "At Home America" party, while Jake tried to keep Ethan entertained in the basement with Megan's husband, Andrew! The weather was too terrible to take many beautiful fall scenery pics yesterday, but notice that tree in the background of the second pic. O' how I love fall in the midwest!!

P.S. I forgot to mention a cute Ethan story our last day of driving, right before we got off the interstate to eat lunch, Ethan started proclaiming from the backseat "stop, eat...stop, eat"! Next year on this trip we will probably be hearing "Are we there yet?"!

No comments: