Friday, July 10, 2009
Hug
Grant and I went to playgroup on Tuesday at my friend, Ruth's house. Ruth has an adorable little boy named, Liam (who is the same age of Ethan). Liam is just an incredible child. I think Ethan had a vocabulary of about 20 words when Liam was asking his mom things like "where does the water go when it goes down the drain?". One of the things he asked Ruth after Ethan died was if he was ever going to see me again. So when Ruth invited us to playgroup I felt it necessary that I attend. This was the second time that I have seen Ethan's friends, but the first time that I have seen Liam since loosing E. When we arrived Liam was wearing a Wisconsin Badger t-shirt. Ruth and Liam had just gotten home from a trip to Madison to visit friends. I immediately thought of Ethan wearing his Badger sweatshirt that he got from his friend, Zack. We hung out and had a great time visiting with friends. I was very comfortable and so glad I was there. Grant and I got ready to leave after about an hour visit, so we could head over to the luncheon at the hospital. Liam walked us to the door and at first expressed concern that we were leaving so soon and that we were going to get wet (it was raining out). Then looked at me with the most beautiful smile and said "hug". E many times a day would come up to me and with the most beautiful smile he would say "hug". It was if for a brief moment in time I saw E in Liam. Thanks for the hug, Liam! I am so blessed to have you in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Rebecca. It's Maureen. This is such a sweet story. I am so glad to know all of our fabulous mommies and their kind hearted children. Thinking of you always!
Post a Comment