Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend in Saint Augustine















We had a wonderful weekend in Saint Augustine with our good friends the Rotchfords!


We arrived on Friday evening, enjoyed a wonderful dinner and a walk on the beach. One of the greatest things about living in Florida is being so close to the beach, we definitely don't go often enough. After the kiddos had gone to bed we cracked open a bottle of Cristal to celebrate the birth of Grant with his godparents. (Jake and I enjoyed a bottle together after the birth of Ethan, so thought Grant deserved the same celebration. It is well worth the $200+ for such a special occasion!)

Saturday we decided to head to Castillo de San Marcos, a landmark of Saint Augustine. We had a great time touring the grounds until we realized that a nasty thunderstorm was about to hit. As we were rushing to the parking garage we saw some circulation in the clouds, scary!! We managed to make it just in time, but spent the next 45 minutes or so hanging out in the parking garage waiting for the storm to pass.

Sunday we ran Grant out to the beach for a few quick photo shoot. I'm hoping he loves the beach as much as his brother did!

It was a good weekend. I enjoyed spending some time with Claire...coloring and playing Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders (one of the things I miss the most about E is just playing)! I think she said it best this weekend "Miss Becky, I'm sad that Ethan had to die". We ALL miss you E and think of you all the time!

No comments: