One of the most spectacular things I've gotten to see in my life is the space shuttle heading into orbit. Shortly after Jake and I moved to Florida (and just before the Columbia disaster) we saw a night launch and even from 165 miles away there was no mistaking what it was in the sky.
Last night space shuttle Discovery took off into a beautiful sunset...you can see the trail in the sky left behind from the rocket boosters. We were actually able to see the shuttle itself, which looks almost like a star in the sky. Unfortunately I missed watching the rocket boosters detach as I was dealing with poop in the bathtub...sigh, the joys of motherhood! :-)
Someday I hope to be closer to Kennedy Space Center for a launch (maybe we will get there before the shuttle is retired). But for now I will be in awe from 165 miles away! How cool is that, I can see the space shuttle take off from my front yard?!
No comments:
Post a Comment