Friday, March 6, 2009

School

Well we haven't shared this news with too many people yet, but I have completed the necessary paperwork for enrollment so thought we would share. Ethan is going to start going to "school" in August two days a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays! We have a beautiful, brand new facility that is literally 2 miles down the road from our house. Ethan loved the place, especially the cool playground outside! He will be in a class of all 2 year olds. Speech therapy suggested when we were there for an evaluation for him that he start in some "structured" program. Some of the best places in town however for half-day or part-time "school" are all the way across town (which I didn't think would be fun with an infant). This will be a great opportunity for Ethan and for me to spend some quality time with the baby.

He also got into speech therapy at Shands at Magnolia Park. He will start on the 16th and be going 2 days a week for a half hour session. I am so glad that we finally got in and anxious for all this to get started. He really has gotten a lot better with his speech in just the last month with us doing some of the exercises they suggested, so I can't imagine what will happen when he is with someone who is actually trained in speech.

Our little man is growing up and soon will be a "big brother" too!

No comments: