We had a birthday party at our house yesterday for Ethan and his friends, who will all be turning 2 in the next few weeks. I met this amazing group of mommies just after Ethan was born and don't know what I would do without them! Last year we celebrated their birthdays by having a picnic and taking part in the March of Dimes Walk. This year we decided to do something a little different and we had a potluck party at our house and collected food for our local food shelf. We collected kid type foods like mac and cheese, peanut butter, baby food, etc. We also had some that contributed "birthday kits" which consisted of cake mix, frosting, paper plates, napkins, and small party favors that will also be donated to the food shelf, in hopes that another child will be able to celebrate their birthday. I have a dining room table full of food and 7 birthday kits so far (and have more food coming in the next few days from people who couldn't make it)! The party was a success! Ethan had a great time and was fast asleep by 8:30pm last night (and still asleep at 8am today)!
Thanks to everyone for making last night such a huge success! And a big Happy Birthday to the most amazing 2 year olds I have ever met!
No comments:
Post a Comment