Monday, November 23, 2009

What do I say?

Jake's mom called last night and we started talking about the upcoming holidays. She said she hasn't even thought about decorating her house for Christmas (which I must say is shocking, because she LOVES decorating for Christmas). I then shared with her that last Thanksgiving Jake, Ethan, and I put up the Christmas tree together. Ethan was so stunned that there was a tree in the living room. The next morning he was still in awe and kept saying "tree, lights"? Jake's mom then apologized for bring up something that must be so painful for me to remember. This is what I told her in response, but I wanted to share it with all of you because I realize there must be times that some of you are afraid to share things with me because you don't want to cause me more pain. I am really-really-really grateful that I still have wonderful Ethan stories to share. It is good for me to talk about him and unfortunately the only way Grant will ever get to know about his big brother is by telling these stories. I never want this to stop, for then it will be as if Ethan has been forgotten from the hearts of others. So please don't ever be afraid to share something with me or our family, and don't ever apologize. A story about Ethan or something that happened to cause you to think of him helps us know how very much he is still loved and touched the lives of others! Thank you all for loving us through the worst moment of our lives.

No comments: