Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I still would have chosen you.

My many thanks to an old friend for sharing this beautiful poem with me. Even if I had known that my time with E would have been so very short and today that I would hurt to the very depths of my soul...I would still have chosen Ethan. Please don't ever feel sorry for me, as I firmly believe this was God's plan. I will be forever blessed that God picked me to be Ethan's mommy and will spend the rest of my life sharing his message and spirit with others.

If before you were born I could have gone to Heaven to see all of the beautiful souls,

I still would have chosen you.

If God had told me that this soul would one day need extra care,

I still would have chosen you.

If He had told me that one day this soul may make my heart bleed,

I still would have chosen you.

If He had told me that this soul would make me question the depth of my faith,

I still would have chosen you.

If He had told me that this soul would make tears flow from my eyes that would overflow a river,

I still would have chosen you.

If He had told me that our time spent together here on Earth could be short,

I still would have chosen you.

If He told me that this soul may one day make me endure overbearing suffering,

I still would have chosen you.

If He had told me that all that I know to be normal would drastically change,

I still would have chosen you.

Of course, even though I would have chosen you, I know it was God who chose me for you.

Thank you, God, for allowing me to be his Mommy.

Author Unknown.

No comments: