Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Second Time Around


My doctor's appointment went fairly well today. My blood pressure was slightly elevated, but nothing to be concerned with yet. I've also gained a fair amount of weight (although I'm still not close to where I was with Ethan yet). I am currently measuring 1.5 weeks ahead, baby around Easter?! My next appointment is 2 weeks away...

We are under 70 days until I am officially due! Holy cow!! I feel as if I have so much to do yet before this baby arrives, but in all honesty all I really have to do is unpack Ethan's stuff that has been stored away. Things really are so different the second time around. There is no excitement of the unknown and reading baby books to find out "what next week will bring", no buying all new maternity clothes, no registering for baby gifts, no wandering the baby isles trying to figure out "what on earth do we really need", no researching car seats, no "congratulations, we are so excited" cards and baby gifts, no baby showers, no weekly belly shots, no scrapbook (yet anyway, who am I kidding like that will ever happen), no big decisions to be made as far as going back to work, etc. What I have missed the most this time around was the quiet time I had when I worked nights (on a good night anyway), I would have a period of time that it was quiet and I could talk to Ethan and dream about what he would be like and what it would be like to be a mom. But I hope this baby knows, despite all that, how very much he/she is loved and wanted...the excitement and fear I have of being a mom to two children, the excitement there is on whether or not this is a boy or a girl, the excitement of meeting this new personality, etc. A whole new level of anticipation!

I love you baby and I'm so very excited for you to join us!

1 comment:

Faye said...

Is the bp elevated because of Megan's surprise???