Friday, February 6, 2009

Glucose Test is OVER!

Thank you, thank you for your prayers!

Well I am back from my glucose tolerance test. Yup, everyone that warned me was absolutely correct it sucks. I don't do well not eating (when I'm not pregnant) so going through this was not pleasant. They do 4 blood draws from you and they missed 3 out of the 4 sticks so I ended up with 7 total. They also refused to draw from any other place but my a.c. (elbow area), which the absolute best place to stick me is my wrist. I have been a pin cushion for plenty of medic students so that didn't bother me as much as drinking that crap that they make you drink. I really, really thought I was going to vomit after drinking that stuff, so I spent the first hour praying, praying, praying that I would make it and not have to go through it again. Well God answered all the prayers that came my way because I was able to keep it down and get through the test. Hopefully the results will be good, they should be back on Monday.

Now I have an incredible headache as a result of not eating, this ear thing that I have going on, and no morning coffee! So I am going to lay down for awhile with Ethan and rest (at least I hope he agrees with that)! O' yeah, my right ear is still clogged and I can't hear anything out of it (21 hours now). I called my primary dr. who can get me in next Tuesday (that's helpful) and still waiting to hear back from my OB. But it hurts like crazy and is making me dizzy and off balance so I hope and pray it clears soon!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and Jamie for watching Ethan (and staying a little longer than I originally anticipated)!

No comments: