Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things

There is this "forward" of sorts going around on facebook right now where people write 25 random things about themselves. I don't normally participate in things like this, but I have learned so much about other people and have gotten so many laughs that I had to take part and so did Jake. So here are our lists of 25 random things about ourselves and just for fun I created one on Ethan.

Becky:

1. I have posed for nude portraits with a professional photographer (maternity pics). I have the pic on our bedroom wall and not afraid to show anyone.
2. I was working in a pharmacy when it was robbed, totally scary!
3. I have delivered a baby in the back of an ambulance.
4. I have held a dead child in my arms, the worst thing in the world!
5. I have saved several peoples life.
6. I think the only thing better in the world than being a wife and mother is being a medic!!!
7. I absolutely hated living in Florida at first, but now can't imagine life anywhere else!
8. I have a dream to open a children's museum in Gainesville.
9. I was at the bedside of my grandmother when she passed away, and so thankful that I was there for such a beautiful moment.
10. I believe my grandparents are my angels and make random appearances to let me know that "I will be ok".
11. I attended a political rally when in college and got to see President Clinton.
12. I love working out and have been blessed with the 2 greatest personal trainers (Eric and Carlos) in the world that have truly changed my life! They have made working out fun and helped me to see that it really isn't that hard.
13. I hate raisins...yuck!!
14. I can't eat ribs because they look too much like human ribs and that freaks me out (yeah, I'm weird)!
15. I'm totally addicted to geocaching and love our new family activity (thanks to Jared)!
16. I watched all 10 seasons of Friends (in order) after Ethan was born.
17. My dog is named after a drug (Visken).
18. I drive a BMW.
19. I LOVE Thai and Indian food!
20. I have been to several Gator games in the Swamp!
21. I can make a mean chicken noodle soup (just like Grandma's), that my husband usually asks for when he is sick. :-)
22. I am a certified flight paramedic!
23. I have a bachelor's degree in chemistry.
24. I never had a lot of girlfriends until I became a mom. Sorry guys, I love you for always making me laugh and helping me see that life doesn't have to be so serious but when it comes to being a mom...you really don't have a clue!
25. I have serious pregnancy brain and am more afraid of not getting my brain than my body back!

Jake:

1. There is nothing in the world more important to me than Becky and Ethan.
2. As a pharmacist, I am OCD.
3. I have accepted a job and applied for a new job, in the same company, before starting the job I accepted.
4. My wife always asks why we have the sound on during sporting events of any kind, because I have a tendency to say things just a couple seconds before the announcers.
5. I've worked in a casino.
6. I love my job, but am always looking for new opportunities to grow.
7. I've turned down a $50,000 sign on bonus.
8. I have an Excel spreadsheet at work that has a countdown until I'm eligible for retirement
9. The best champagne I've ever had is Cristal and I'm looking forward to sharing another bottle in April.
10. I am really, really addicted to geocaching thanks to Jared and am grateful that I live somewhere that I can do it year round.
11. As much as I love music, I never learned how to play an instrument.
12. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.
13. I've been Catholic, Lutheran, and Methodist.
14. Living in Gainesville, I've learned to love the Florida Gators.
15. I love to cook.
16. I can't pick my favorite beach in Florida. Lover's Key? Anastasia State Park? Jax Beach? Pensacola Beach?
17. When it is 90+ degrees for 5 straight months, I sometimes miss Minnesota.
18. When it is 80 degrees on Christmas Day and I'm on the beach, I don't miss Minnesota.
19. I love coffee. There is none better than Peets.
20. I love to travel.
21. I got through pharmacy school with remarkably little studying thanks to a great group of friends. Gotta love D&T.
22. I like eating brown sugar straight from the bag and was disappointed when Becky bought some crazy device to put in the bag to prevent it from clumping together.
23. Watching Ethan smile and laugh is one of the best simple pleasures in life.
24. Even though I know that the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math, I still play fairly regularly.
25. I love precepting students and residents because it allows me to impact many more people than I'll ever get a chance to work with professionally.

Ethan:

1. I am OBSESSED with Thomas the Train!
2. I love Curious George, just like my mommy!
3. My favorite movies are Cars and The Bee Movie.
4. I have truly loved and had the best babysitters: Caitlin, Nikole, Jennifer, and Jamie!
5. I walked at 10.5 months...basically I haven't stopped moving since I was conceived though!
6. I use to call my dog by his name "Visken", but have decided to call him "dog" instead.
7. I call my cat "Suz".
8. I call my mom "dag-ma" and my dad is either "da" or "dag-ma".
8. I love raisins, but insist that they be Publix brand.
9. I also love pizza, grilled cheese, hot dogs, and spaghetti.
10. My current bedroom is purple (my mom says boys can like purple, look at the MN Vikings)!
11. I like riding in the car.
12. I'm going to be a big brother!
12. I love helping my mom around the house and make sure she keeps up with laundry, dishes, and sweeping and mopping. And also make sure she remembers to take care of my pets.
13. I don't understand why my parents are trying to cut my hair....I was born in Florida (not MN) and love the beach bum look!
14. I like going to Publix because I get to drive the race car shopping cart, other errands however are quite boring!
15. I love to give and get hugs, pats, and kisses!
16. I love being on the beach...a giant sandbox!
17. I recently went on a 3 week vacation with my parents and visited 12 states and lots of family and friends.
18. I hate it when my mom's belly hangs out and am constantly pulling her shirt down (I don't understand this belly, we go to the gym all the time. What does she do there?)
19. My dad introduced me to X-box and I can almost beat my mom (she's not very good)!
20. I have all girl cousins! (Samantha, Erika, Loraina, and Grace)
21. I hate taking naps, but when forced to my favorite places to nap have been the car and stroller!
22. I love my dad's chocolate milkshakes on Thursday nights
23. I love being outside, no matter what the weather is like...ok, I'm not too fond of snow!
24. I have blue eyes and I know how to use them!
25. I love snuggling with my parents in their bed...but I recently moved into my "big boy bed" and think it is pretty cool!

3 comments:

Faye said...

Ethan - I love #18 -- Yeah, what exactly does your mommy do at the gym anyway???

And #19 - Xbox??? Are you kidding me???

I know you mommy doesn't like raisens, but I am sure glad that you do! You'll have to work on your mommy on getting her to like them...

Miss you all very much!

Grandma

Caitlin said...

E,

your babysitters love you too!! This was does for sure :)

And you're a beach bum who doesn't like snow?? At least you have a purple room...maybe that'll bring out some of your Minnesotan blood ;)

Caitlin said...

oops i meant "this one does for sure"...