Wow, where do I even begin....what do I say to all of you? What do you say to us? To say the last few weeks have been a roller coaster ride would be the understatement of a lifetime (the last six days in particular). I go one minute from complete joy and elation at the beautiful gift of God that has joined our family to complete devastation and sorrow that E is not physically here to meet his little brother.
A new book has been started in our house (the old one however will never be closed)...all of you have been anxious to hear about Grant so here are some random things about him. Grant Michael Tillmann joined us on 4/17 at 6:46pm weighing 8lbs 12 oz. My labor went well until they broke my water at 5pm, then things got intense and an epidural didn't really do a whole lot. But I ended up with a gorgeous boy and no stitches so I guess that hour and 45 minutes was nothing to complain about. Grant looks like a "Tillmann". He sleeps really well and has been given us at least one 3 hour stretch during the night. He is unbelievably content with life and only fusses when he needs something and makes whatever it is well known quickly. He nurses pretty good, although we have had some problems with the left side for some reason but overall he eats like a champ. Diaper changes sometimes involve both mom and dad as he like to pee on his head! :-) He loves his paci! He loves to be held and is rarely put down (and I don't care what the parenting experts say)!
We saw Dr. Beebe (our ped) on Monday and he weighed 8lbs 2oz, which is what he weighed when we left the hospital the day before, so we think he has already hit the bottom of his weight and is on his way back up. Dr. Beebe said he is a healthy and strong boy.
Grant has given me a reason to get out of bed everyday...my husband has given me love and support that I can't begin to put into words along with blessing me with two incredible boys...our amazing friends and family have given me strength and comfort...my faith in God, hope for the future.
Thank you all for everything you have done and continue to do for us. The phone calls, text messages, emails, facebook notes, gestures big and small, prayers etc. mean so very much to us! I don't know if I will ever be able to thank you all properly for what you have done. We are looking forward to all of you meeting Grant, please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see you are posting once again!!!
Love you all!!
Post a Comment